Further instructions, if any, including those pertaining to Covid-19, shall be put-up on the website before the exam.
- Exam date and time: 21 January 2024, 9.00 am – 12.00 noon.
- Reporting time: Candidates should report at the examination centre (as allotted in the admit card) at 7:00 am on Sunday, January 21, 2024, with a printout of the Admit Card and a Valid, Original Photo Identity Proof. This is required to record the biometric information (thumb impression and photograph) before appearing for the examination.
- Only candidates having a valid Admit Card and a Photo Identity Proof will be allowed inside the examination centre.
- The identity of the candidates will be verified by invigilators as well as IIT representatives. If the identity of any candidate is in doubt, the candidate may not be allowed to appear for the examination. However, at their discretion, the authorities may permit the candidate to appear for the examination after completing certain formalities. No extra time will be allowed to complete the examination instead of the time taken to complete these formalities. If candidates with doubtful identities are permitted to appear, their candidature shall be subject to the decision of UCI Committee, which shall be final and binding.
- Impersonation and/or use of any unfair means in the examination is a serious offence which will result in immediate disqualification of the candidate from UCEED, and lead to criminal proceedings against the candidate.
- Candidates will NOT be allowed to carry any electronic devices (mobile phones, smart phones, watches of any type, calculators, tablets and the like), abacus, slide rule, log books, study material of any type, geometry box, and so on to the examination hall. A list of forbidden items will be put-up on the website before the exam, if there are additional items.
- Drawing Materials: Candidates must bring their own pencils in a transparent packet. Sketch pens, color pencils, poster colors and other colouring materials are NOT permitted inside the examination hall. Candidates may bring a writing board of A4 size. Exchanging and borrowing of these materials are NOT permitted inside the examination hall.
- Candidate has to remain in the examination hall for the entire duration of the examination.
- Part-A of the examination is a computer-based test. In the event of any technical problems, the candidate may approach the invigilator for assistance and steps will be immediately taken to remedy the problem, or assign a different computer terminal if required. Candidates will get the complete allotted time to attempt their paper even in the event of any technical problem, and the time lost due to technical problems shall be adjusted automatically in the server.
- Further instructions, if any, including those pertaining to COVID-19, shall be put-up on the website before the exam.