*Please read the Information Brochure for more detailed explaination of the marking scheme.
Question Paper Structure for UCEED 2023
- There will be ONE question paper of total THREE hours duration.
- The question paper will be in English.
- The question paper will carry a total of 300 marks.
- The question paper will consist of two parts: Part-A and Part-B. It is compulsory to attempt questions from both the parts.
- Utmost care is taken to prepare an error free question paper. However, if an error is detected in the question paper, the UCI Committee shall take an appropriate decision after the examination, which shall be final.
Details of the two parts of the question paper are given below:
Part-A (Total marks: 240; Maximum time: 2 hours 30 minutes)
- This part will be administered through a computer-based test.
- This part will consist of three sections.
Section 2: MSQ (Multiple Select Question): 18 questions. Each MSQ may have one or more than one correct choice(s) out of the four given. The following is the marking scheme:
Full Marks: + 4 If only (all) the correct option(s) is(are) chosen and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Partial Marks: + 3 If all the four options are correct but ONLY three options are chosen and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Partial Marks: + 2 If three or more options are correct but ONLY two options are chosen, both of which are correct and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Partial Marks: + 1 If two or more options are correct but ONLY one option is chosen and it is a correct option and NONE of the incorrect options are chosen.
Zero Marks: 0 If none of the options is chosen (i.e., the question is unanswered).
Negative Marks: -1 In all other cases.
Part-B (Total marks: 60; Maximum time: 30 minutes)
- Part-B consists of ONE question that is aimed at testing the candidate’s drawing skills, which will require subjective evaluation. The question in Part-B will be displayed on the computer screen and the answer has to be written/drawn in the answer book provided by the invigilator only. In case of PwD candidates availing the use of a scribe, assistance in attempting Part-B is not permitted, as the question is aimed to evaluate the candidate’s drawing skill.
- Part-B answer booklets will be collected at the end of the examination.
- Part-B question is mandatory.
- The entire paper (both Part-A and Part-B) must be finished within the time stipulated for each part.
Following is the question paper structure for UCEED 2023:
|Part-A (2 hrs 30 mins)|
|Section||Type of question||Number of questions||Marks for correct answer||Marks for wrong answer||Marks for question not attempted||Total marks for the section|
|1||Numerical Answer Type (NAT)||18||4||0||0||72|
|2||Multiple Select Question (MSQ)||18||Partial Marking*||-1||0||72|
|3||Multiple Choice Question (MCQ)||32||3||-0.71||0||96|
|Part-B (30 mins)|
|Type of question||Number of questions||Total marks|