Three rounds of seat allocation will be conducted. However, once the seats are filled, the seat allocation will be closed. Seats will be allotted based on the applicant UCEED rank, category and choice of institutes. Selected candidates will be sent provisional allotment letters via their registered email, and will be directed to an online payment system to remit the Seat Acceptance Fee of Rs. 60,000 (Sixty Thousand Indian Rupees) for GEN and OBC-NCL and Rs. 15,000/- for SC/ST/PwD.
The joint seat allotment will be governed by the following rules:
• If the selected candidates do not remit the seat acceptance fee before the given deadline or decline the admission, their application will stand cancelled. These vacant seats will be filled during the subsequent rounds of seat allotment.
• If an applicant is allotted his/her FIRST choice of institute, the candidate can either ACCEPT (‘freeze’) the choice or DECLINE the offer.
• If an applicant is allotted his/her SECOND or THIRD choice of institute, the candidate can opt to either ACCEPT (‘freeze’) the choice, or ACCEPT WITH THE OPTION TO BE CONSIDERED FOR UPWARD MOVEMENT (‘float’) the choice for subsequent round(s), if any, of the joint seat allocation.
• In the ‘freezing’ option, candidates ACCEPT the offer and indicate that they do not want to participate in further rounds of seat allocation. Such candidates will NOT be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
• In the ‘floating’ option, candidates ACCEPT the offered seat and indicate that, if admission to an institute of his/her higher preference is offered, they will accept it. Else, they will continue with the currently accepted institute. Such candidates will be considered in subsequent rounds of admission.
• For candidates who choose the ‘float’ option, allocation of a seat in an institute of his/her higher preference would automatically result in the forfeiture of the seat accepted by him/her in the earlier round.
• Candidates offered seats have to remit seat acceptance fee only once. Thus candidates who are allotted another seat (because they chose the ‘float’ option) do not have to pay seat acceptance fee again.
• For candidates who accept offered seat, the seat acceptance fee will be adjusted against the institute fees of the admitting institute at the time of joining. For candidates who decline the offered seat after remitting the seat acceptance fee, the refund will be governed by the policies of the admitting institute.
• If a candidate has paid the seat accepting fee and opts for withdrawal either during the end of first round or before the end of second round, will get full refund after deducting the processing charges of Rs. 1500/–.
• Candidates do not have an option to withdraw an accepted/allotted seat after the announcement of last round of seat allocation.