1. Who can apply for B. Des. admissions?
UCEED qualified candidates who have completed their XII Board Examination (or equivalent) can apply for B. Des.
2. Is there a separate application? Or is it part of the UCEED application?
It is a separate application. The online application form will be provided on the UCEED website after the UCEED results are announced. For more details refer to Admissions.
3. Should I have to qualify for JEE (Main) or JEE (Adv) to be eligible for admission to the B. Des. programme?
No. UCEED is the only qualifying exam for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay.
4. Am I qualified to apply to B. Des. if I qualify in JEE (Main) or JEE (Adv)?
No. UCEED and JEE are two entirely different exams. To apply for admission to the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay, a candidate is required to qualify in UCEED, as well as satisfy the Minimum Educational Qualifications (MEQ), which is a PASS in XII Board (or equivalent) examination. However do note that candidates from the Science Stream with Physics, Chemistry and Maths as subjects are eligible to apply to all the four institutes while candidates from any other stream (Science without Maths or Physics or Chemistry, Commerce, and Arts & Humanities) are eligible to apply to only IIT Bombay, IIT Hyderabad and IIITDM Jabalpur.
5. Am I allowed to change branch after getting admitted to B.Des?
6. How similar or different is the B. Des. programme at IIT Bombay compared to the B. Des. at IIT Guwahati, IIT Hyderabad or IIITDM Jabalpur?
In terms of curriculum, there may be substantial similarities just as there are significant differences. For details related to course content refer to respective department websites.
7. What is the B. Des. course fee structure?
The detailed fee structure for the B. Des courses at IITB, IITG, IITH and IIITDMJ click here.
8. Are my XII Board marks considered for the B. Des. admissions?
Board marks are not considered for the B. Des. admissions.
9. Will there be any portfolio presentation/review and/or personal interview following the UCEED, for admission to B.Des.?
Your performance in UCEED will be the only selection criteria for B.Des. admissions at IITB, IITG, IITH and IIITDMJ. There will be no portfolio presentations/reviews or personal interviews.
10. I am interested in Fashion Design/Sports Car Design/Interior Design etc. Do you offer this course?
UCEED is a common entrance examination for four B.Des courses. The UCEED Office is the examination conducting body. We do not advise on courses. All four institutes have detailed information on their courses on their websites. Read them carefully. If you still have any queries, contact the respective departments.